Administrative Assistant – Service
Under the general direction of the Service Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide clerical support for the Service Manager and office by answering phones, greeting customers, dispatching work orders, and assisting with accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Take incoming service calls; in some locations may serve as the primary point of contact for inquires to the Company, determine where to route calls and emails to provide the most efficient and effective response to their needs.
- Log calls for service and coordinate with the Service Manager to schedule and dispatch techs to provide service; enter customers into computer system and create work orders.
- Reconcile payable statements from vendors and request missing invoices.
- Enter small jobs and assist with AIA billings as needed.
- Assist team members with accounts receivable, accounts payable, contract and time and materials billings, cash receipts and payroll; preparing accurate and timely reports and auditing information; and other duties as assigned.
- Must have outstanding customer services skills via phone, face to face and in written communication.
- Must have a strong clerical background, with an emphasis in accounting and office administration.
- Experience in a service environment desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers engaged in diverse activities and technical work, and customers.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs specific to our organization.
- Must be flexible in adapting to changing and challenging situations.
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize what needs to be done, results-oriented and innovative with excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with deadlines.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.