Construction Wireman – Electrician
Job Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Foreman or Journeyman, the Construction Wireman (CW) is able to get experience in the electrical trade by performing a broad range of duties related to construction work. A CW completes work as assigned in a professional and safe manner while satisfying the customer, meeting productivity goals, and learning the trade through on-the-job training.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as an electrician’s helper by performing duties such as material handling, basic wiring, pulling cable, bending conduit, and installation of lighting and electrical components.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to, punctual and good attendance, presenting to work neat, clean and dressed appropriately, demonstrating motivation to perform to stands set by the company and job specifications.
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors through your actions, such as participation in tool box talks, work site safety inspections and wearing appropriate PPE.
- Communicate effectively by completing all assigned paperwork, reporting any changes to the scope of work to supervision, and providing suggestions to improve task productivity or quality.
- Acquire, maintain, and carry appropriate hand tools and demonstrate accountability for tools and pieces of equipment checked out and their proper return.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Basic tool and equipment knowledge required.
- This is a physical job, requiring the ability to walk, bend, climb, sit and stand. Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance, must be able to frequently lift 10-25 pounds, and occasional lifting overhead of up to 20 pounds. Must be able to use hands and arms to operate basic tools. Must be able to see, hear and speak within normal ranges with or without aids. Work will be performed indoors as well as on construction sites, subject to outdoor environment and temperatures. The ability to navigate rough terrain and use a ladder is required.
- Must be able to work 8 hours per day, with some occasional workdays of 10-12 hours.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.