Electrical BIM Designer
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under general supervision, the BIM Designer is responsible for coordinating the electrical design and BIM modeling of electrical systems for construction projects. He/she is an integral part of the design team and will help to ensure the efficient and cost-effective design and execution of assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create BIM modeling of electrical systems by following BIM content standards and development procedures.
- Coordinate and create prefabrication drawings for shop and field, assist project managers in creating documents for submittals.
- Create building models using laser scanner and import into Autodesk Revit; conduct clash detection and visual walk-throughs using Navisworks and Revit.
- Mark locations for electrical devices using a total station.
- Utilize visualization, graphics, and presentation skills to effectively communicate project design.
- Provide design support and documentation throughout the design phases of the project and through close-out.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in related field and two or more years of relevant design experience using Autodesk Production Software (Revit, AutoCAD MEP, NavisWorks), Bluebeam and other related software.
- Must have experience or training in AutoCAD sufficient to create a complete plan set for issue to clients; must be able to visualize a construction project in 3D.
- Must understand single line diagrams and electrical line drawings
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must possess the ability to work closely with diverse groups of people, including employees at all levels and other outside professionals with whom the company deals on a regular basis.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with team members, customers and clients.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently.
- Must have a curiosity and affinity for learning and deploying new technology to grow and change to exceed client’s expectations.
- Must be able to walk job sites, stand, sit for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel and be able to use hands and arms to operate office and job site equipment.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record with the ability to travel to meetings and job sites.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.