Electrical Data Collector
Sioux Falls, Omaha, or Sioux City.
Under the general direction of the Electrical Safety Director, the Electrical Data Collector is responsible for visiting customer sites to gather data of the entire electrical system for use in an arc flash risk assessment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with customers at their job sites to gather information about electrical load and equipment; provide reports for electrical modeling to determine risk level for labels; then perform labeling of equipment.
- Create thorough, organized, and accurate technical documentation.
- Perform job site walk-throughs.
- Effectively manage multiple projects occurring simultaneously.
- Perform infrared thermography inspections
- This position is a bargaining unit position.
- Must possess a Journeyman Electrician license and have deep understanding and expertise of electrical safety requirements per OSHA, NEC and NFPA 70 E standards.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of and the ability to understand installed electrical distribution systems, electrical schematic diagrams, and engineering documentation
- Must be self-directed with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be results-oriented with excellent organization skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with deadlines.
- Must have good customer services skills with the ability to connect with customers to provide insight and information to improve work site safety.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 lbs. Must be able to navigate customer job sites, both indoor and outdoor environments, as well as a variety of different facilities.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to job sites nationwide. Travel for this position is approximately 75%, requiring frequent overnight stays.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.