Electrical Engineer in Training
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Engineer in Training will support the design of industrial, commercial, and healthcare projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Electrical Engineer and Designers with drawing preparation and system design including electrical calculations, equipment analysis and selection, and layout.
- Review drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers, and architects; research document findings and provide recommendations for necessary changes.
- Participate in team coordination meetings and reviews with project teams and various governing agencies to ensure code compliance.
- Assist in the design and detail of electrical systems; write/edit electrical specifications and research design options to make educated decisions on appropriate device, equipment, and system selections.
- Assist with energy modeling studies and assist project team in all aspects of sustainability and energy use reduction.
- Assist with any addendums, requests for information, change proposal requests, and changes orders; incorporate agreed upon changes into project documents.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in electrical.
- EIT registration preferred, but not required at the time of application.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Revit is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Life Safety Codes, Local and National Electrical Codes, and Building Codes at local, state, and national levels.
- Proficiency in engineering analysis and calculations; lighting, voltage drop, branch circuit and feeder sizing.
- Must have excellent communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with team members, customers, and clients.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record with the ability to travel to meetings and job sites.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.