Sioux City, IA
Under general supervision, the Estimator is responsible for providing accurate and thorough estimates of the costs to perform work as defined/outlined in a set of plans and specifications or as defined in a design build proposal or RFQ.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Obtain and organize plans for projects, perform accurate quantity take-offs as detailed in construction documents by inputting information into estimating software to general overall project cost proposals.
- Prepare detailed project scope proposals to send to owners, customers and/or potential contractors.
- Responsible for obtaining and reviewing price quotes from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Responsible for working with the foremen and project managers to prepare breakouts of job costs, providing accurate bills of materials for material orders and for providing detailed breakouts for project turnover meetings.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Electrical Engineering or electrical experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required, with the ability to manage multiple project simultaneously.
- General knowledge of electrical construction industry principles/practices, general knowledge of commercial, industrial, residential electrical systems and general knowledge of hard bid, negotiated, GMP, and budget processes helpful.
- Computer skills necessary, with general knowledge of electrical estimating software preferred.
- Must have superior communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with co-workers at all levels within the organization, as well as general and sub-contractors, vendors and customers.
- Must have strong math skills and the ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.