HVAC Service Technician
Sioux City, IA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the general direction of the foreman, the HVAC Service Technician is responsible for maintaining preventative maintenance programs for customers, as well as repairing and replacing equipment including air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems. This position also responds to any emergencies quickly and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to efficiently and effectively diagnose and repair commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment.
- Installs, modifies, overhauls, repairs, and maintains a variety of complex HVAC equipment, air conditioning, air handlers, pumps, motors, valves, heating systems, and associated auxiliary and control equipment.
- Track performance of routine and preventative maintenance to ensure availability of HVAC systems and troubleshoot HVAC/R systems with complex problems and extensive repairs requiring judgement to locate malfunctions.
- Perform system commissioning.
- Completes administrative tasks and documents changes.
- Respond to calls for service and preventative maintenance inspections.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to, punctual and good attendance, presenting to work neat, clean and dressed appropriately, demonstrating motivation to perform to stands set by the company and job specifications.
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors through your actions, such as participation in tool box talks, work site safety inspections and wearing appropriate PPE.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent and three years of HVAC experience; prefer HVAC Journeyman’s license and EPA universal certification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Basic tool and equipment knowledge required.
- This is a physical job, requiring the ability to walk, bend, climb, sit and stand. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, must be able to frequently lift 10-25 pounds, and occasional lifting overhead of up to 20 pounds. Must be able to use hands and arms to operate basic tools. Must be able to see, hear and speak within normal ranges with or without aids. Work will be performed indoors as well as on construction sites, subject to outdoor environment and temperatures. The ability to navigate rough terrain and climb a ladder is required.
- Must be able to work 8 hours per day with overtime as needed and on-call rotation.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.