Under general direction, the Inventory Coordinator is responsible for ordering, receiving, maintaining materials for jobs and stock inventory in the warehouse and providing general clerical support at the direction of the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for ordering materials and parts, creating purchase orders, receiving materials into inventory, including physically placing them into the warehouse, and staging materials for jobs.
- Maintain accurate inventory in the warehouse, perform cycle counts on a regular basis and provide reports as needed.
- Responsible for return materials authorization, outgoing shipments and ensuring credit is received and applied correctly.
- Provides clerical support including entering work orders, billing, accounts payable, account receivable, answering phones and other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with making travel arrangements for field personnel.
- A high school diploma or GED required, prefer a two-year degree in accounting or business-related field and one to two years of experience in office administration, inventory, accounting, or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers engaged in diverse activities and technical work and vendors.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to drive a forklift.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to job sites and outside locations.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.