Sioux Falls, SD
Under the general direction of the President/CFO and as a member of the Operations Team, the Office Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of the office, including answering phones, accounting duties, and providing administrative support for team members. There is a heavy focus on accounts payables and supporting the Service Team.
Essential Job Functions
- Take incoming calls, determine where to route calls and emails to provide the most efficient and effective response to meet their needs; log calls for service and coordinates with the service manager to schedule and dispatch techs and enter customers into the computer system and create work orders.
- Ensure timely, thorough, and accurate entry of invoices and payment requests in compliance with policies and guidelines with attention to proper accounts, projects, and transaction codes for proper reporting.
- Responsible for vendor setup and maintenance, discount terms review, reconciling monthly vendor statements, review unapproved invoices, and other related duties.
- Perform service and small job billing and invoice payable entry.
- Review and verify the accuracy of payroll. Act as a backup for payroll processing.
- Review, approve and enter office payables.
- Manage petty cash.
- Coordinate the onboarding of new employees and completion of paperwork.
- Process manual checks as needed.
- Perform daily general tasks such as answering the phone and assisting customers, and interacting with employees, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the office and may provide supervision and direction to other office staff.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills via phone, face to face and in written communication. Experience in a service environment desired.
- Must have a strong accounting background, with a good understanding of the accounting cycle, an emphasis in accounts payable and five years of experience. A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline may be considered as commensurate experience. Experience in the construction industry helpful but not required.
- Must have the ability to compile financial reports and historical data and make mathematical computations accurately.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel are necessary, as well as the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs associated with construction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers engaged in diverse activities and technical work, customers and vendors.
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize what needs to be done, results-oriented and innovative with excellent organization skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with deadlines
- Must be flexible in adapting with changing and challenging situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.