Panel Shop Specialist
Under general direction, the Panel Shop Specialist is responsible for reading and interpreting blueprints and technical diagrams from which to build control panels to customer specifications, ordering parts for control panel jobs, and maintaining parts inventory.
Essential Job Functions
- Assemble wiring, switches, cables and other components to build control panels to customer specifications for jobs to ensure timely completion and delivery.
- Perform quality assurance inspection of panels to ensure functionality.
- Maintain parts inventory in panel shop for stock parts. Order parts for control panels to ensure timely completion of panel assembly and installation.
- Deliver panels to customers; may assist with installation.
- Evaluate current processes, identify opportunities for improvements and implement.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of panel shop.
- Perform snow removal as needed.
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics and interpret technical diagrams and illustrations.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to understand and troubleshoot panels.
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have a good understanding of electronics technology, usually gained through a course of study resulting in an Associate’s Degree or through a similar amount of work experience in the field.
- Results-oriented and innovative with excellent organization skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with deadlines.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 30 pounds and on occasion, up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to operate a skid loader for snow removal.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to job sites to deliver panels.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.