Sioux Falls, SD and Omaha, NE
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Vice President of Electrical Construction, the Pre-Fabrication Manager works closely with field leaders, designers, project managers, and estimators to identify and promote opportunities to utilize pre-fabrication on construction projects. The Pre-Fabrication Manager also plays a key role in training and developing employees new to the electrical construction field in preparation for careers in this industry. This is a bargaining unit position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with other team members on projects, both large and small, to ensure that pre-fabrication is utilized in the most efficient and economical manner to ensure the most cost-effective installation of product; schedule work in the pre-fab shop to meet project delivery deadlines by laying out work and generating build sheets, making up cut sheets and home run sheets.
- Frequently visit job sites to ensure product quality, accuracy of products, resolve any field fitment issues and any potential conflicts with pre-fabrication design; may assists with installation.
- Manage all aspects of the pre-fab shop including but not limited to the process and production of materials including taking orders for products, ordering materials, assigning work, performing quality checks, and scheduling delivery of finished goods to job sites.
- Supervise and train new employees on safe work practices and all aspects of work performed in the pre-fab shop as well as basic electrical work. Provide feedback on employee job performance.
- Install, remove, and download Fluke meters for service read-outs.
- Assist with other related duties as needed.
- Journeyman Electrician license and five years of experience at the journeyman level in electrical construction experience and experience successfully running electrical construction projects with knowledge of electrical safety requirements per OSHA and NFPA standards.
Prior experience leading and developing others is desired.
Basic understanding of AutoCAD, Navisworks, or Revit is required as well as proficiency with Microsoft programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate and persuade others.
- Prior experience in and a working understanding of pre-fabrication is desired.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record with the ability to travel to meetings and job sites.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.