SIOUX CITY, IA
Under the general direction of the Process Control Manager, the Process Controls Specialist is responsible for safely troubleshooting, programming, repairing, and inspecting of low and medium voltage equipment, instrumentation and controls for customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot, repair and install electrical and control instrumentation systems including hardware-software integrations, HMI interfaces, PLCs, VFDs, control wiring and related devices for control system issues.
- Troubleshoot and install pressure, temperature, flow and level sensors, digital data communication telemetry systems (radio, cellular, ethernet, etc.)
- Troubleshoot control loops, 4 – 20ma signals, motor controllers, relays, electrical systems and ladder logic issues in control systems.
- Configure and program VFD systems, understand/analyze existing PLC Ladder Logic, recommend solutions and initiate modifications as needed.
- Upgrade, install and repair PLCs and HMI systems, complete terminations within cabinets and field devices. Support commissioning, calibration and start-up of new systems.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with instrumentation and controls equipment such as variable speed and dc drives, motors, controls, PLCs, and HMIs and an understanding of the purpose and different uses of various instrumentation equipment. This can be obtained through a course of study resulting in a vocational/technical associate’s degree or through 3-5 years of related work experience or some combination of both.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to understand, install and troubleshoot control systems and electrical, mechanical and pneumatic devices as related to PLCs.
- Must be proficient in the following software: Rockwell Automation, RSLogix 500 and 5000, PanelBuilder32, RSView32, Factory Talk View Studio, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to read, understand and update electrical diagrams, blueprints and PID drawings with a level of understanding to sufficiently wire according to a control wiring schematic and without a schematic. Must have a demonstrated understanding of analog wiring.
- The nature of the job requires the Process Controls, Specialist, to work with minimal supervision and to respond to call-outs, working scheduled and unscheduled overtime and to be flexible to respond to unexpected and unusual situations.
- Must be innovative, results-oriented and have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with deadlines.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to work in both indoors and outdoors with the ability to walk around job sites, climb ladders, and bend, stoop and crawl.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to job sites and outside locations for meetings.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.