Project Manager – Architectural Sheet Metal
Under general direction, the Project Manager, Architectural Sheet Metal is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of a construction project related to architectural sheet metal to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to project requirements. This role works closely with customers to develop solutions and thereby establish long-term working relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provide conceptual estimates, feasibility studies and cost estimates and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
• Manage all contracts related to a job, including the prime contract, contract with general, and sub-contracts with the specific guidelines issued by the company; review and approve all billing related to jobs, including change orders, credits, retainage, etc. and approve accounts payable invoices; responsible for collection of all monies related to a job.
• Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
• Oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction/renovation projects; monitors and coordinates work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction firms as well as institutional, state, and local entities.
• Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiate revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how to best achieve required results.
• Work closely with the field supervisor to ensure accurate and profitable scheduling of manpower, effective use of pre-construction, and productivity tools to properly manage projects, and to ensure effective communication between the job, general contractor, owner, architects, etc.
• Responsible for all field employees and subcontractors on the job site; ensure adherence to company policies and procedures, especially safety.
• Collaborate with other departments and co-workers to ensure customer satisfaction and to promote the Company’s full offering of products and services.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in project management, engineering, construction, or related field and three to five years of construction experience. Equivalent experience in leading projects in the field in progressively responsible roles may be substituted for education.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively work closely with diverse groups of people, including employees at all levels, customers, and outside professionals.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines.
• Must have demonstrated negotiation skills with the ability to build and foster close working relationship.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel between offices and job sites.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.