Under the general direction of the VP of Electrical Construction, the Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects in accordance with company policy. The Project Manager works closely with customers, co-workers, and field employees to ensure that projects are completed safely, profitably and to customer specification within established time frames.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage all contracts related to a job, including the prime contract, contract with general, and sub-contracts with the specific guidelines issued by the company.
- Review and approve all billing related to jobs, including change orders, credits, retainage, etc. and approve accounts payable invoices; responsible for the collection of all money related to a job.
- Work closely with the field supervisor to ensure accurate and profitable scheduling of manpower, effective use of prefab, and productivity tools to properly manage projects and to ensure effective communication between the job, general contractor, owner, architects, etc..
- Responsible for all field employees and subcontractors on the job site; ensure adherence to company policies and procedures, especially safety.
- Collaborate with other departments and co-workers to ensure customer satisfaction and to promote the Company’s full offering of products and services.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction or related field and three to five years of construction experience. Equivalent experience in leading projects in the field in progressively responsible roles may be substituted for education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively work closely with diverse groups of people, including employees at all levels, customers, and outside professionals.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills with the ability to build and foster close working relationships.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel between offices and job sites.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.