Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the Safety Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Safety and Risk Manager to support and promote a strong safety culture throughout the organization. Primary duties will include injury prevention through hazard identification and mitigation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct regular job site inspections and safety walk-throughs to inspect and analyze safety risks and ensure employee compliance with safety standards; interact frequently with employees to provide instruction on safety matters and to resolve safety issues.
- Interact with general contractors and owners on safety-related matters on job sites and represent the company in job site safety meetings.
- Assists/coordinates safety training and awareness activities to ensure effective training; provides guidance and information regarding requirements and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with safety policies, regulations, and reporting through interaction with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Reviews accident/injury reports for accuracy and detail, conducts investigations and ensures that corrective action has been taken. Maintain accurate documentation of safety procedures, accidents, and related events.
- Conduct analysis of vehicle safety data collected from software and put into a useable format for review.
- A strong background in safety, usually obtained through a course of study resulting in a bachelor’s degree in safety or a technical or engineering field and significant work experience in safety in construction at large-scale construction sites/projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers engaged in diverse activities at all levels within the organization.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs associated with construction
- Excellent leadership skills for directing, coaching, teaching, and assisting team members.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, including OSHA, ANSI and NFPA. Completion of OSHA 500 course and OSHA 10 and 30 hour construction safety courses preferred.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to implement new processes and motivate others.
- Able to walk job sites in various weather conditions and tolerate exposure to a variety of environmental conditions present on jobs.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to jobsites and other locations.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.