Under the general direction, the Service Manager is responsible for leading the service team in providing electrical service that exceeds residential, industrial, and commercial customers’ expectations. The Service Manager works closely with other departments to develop revenue opportunities and service existing customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership to the service office and field team and develop a culture of teamwork both within the department and among other departments in the organization. Responsible for all aspects of management including hiring, training, coaching, evaluating, and disciplinary action.
- Manage all aspects of multiple, concurrent projects ensuring financial targets are met while maintaining established quality standards.
- Responsible for the safety, efficient scheduling, and work quality of the members of the service team.
- Create and review quotes and projects regularly to address problems, monitor progress, ensure compliance of specifications, and quality of work performed.
- Profitably grow the electrical service business.
Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers and team members.
- Sell/recommend electrical modifications/repair/replacement services.
- Responsible for filing the proper permits for service work.
Responsible for working with the credit manager to ensure the timely collection of service billings.
- Must have a Journeyman’s Electrical License and at least five years of electrical experience.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and professional demeanor and the ability to work closely with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels and customers.
- Must have financial management skills including proposal preparation and project budget management.
- Must have strong organization and planning skills.
- Must have good computer skills with experience with MS Office and the ability to learn construction-related software.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Past achievement and success in selling and executing electrical modifications/repairs/replacement services (non-residential) and managing projects through completion is desired.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.