SERVICE PROJECT MANAGER
Under the general direction of the Service Director, the Service Project Manager is responsible for providing accurate and thorough quotes of the costs to perform work as defined/outlined and for managing awarded projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Obtain and organize plans for projects and perform accurate take-offs as detailed in documents through the utilization of estimating software to generate overall project cost proposals.
- Obtain and review price quotes from suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Prepare detailed project scope proposals to send to owners, customers and/or potential contractors.
- Coordinate to schedule manpower for projects; work with team members to ensure that materials and labor are accurate for billing.
- Manage team members assigned to projects and ensure all company policies and safety requirements are followed.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all projects up for bid are addressed.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with existing maintenance contract supervisors.
- Work with Service Manager to expand customer base.
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or equivalent electrical experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- General knowledge of the electrical industry principles/practices, electrical code, general knowledge of commercial, industrial, residential electrical systems, and general knowledge of hard bid, negotiated, GMP, and budget processes helpful.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak English and to interact effectively with co-workers at all levels within the organization, as well as general and subcontractors, vendors, and customers.
- Must have strong organization and planning skills.
- Must have strong math skills and the ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Must have good computer skills with general knowledge of electrical estimating software preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.