TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – SYSTEMS
Under the general direction of the Department Director, the Technical Specialist – Systems is responsible for conducting on-site evaluations for bidding on new and existing jobs, designing value-engineered solutions, and delivering those solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct on-site evaluations and perform thorough and accurate estimates for customers for projects.
- Assist project managers with all aspects of production and delivery of solutions for customers from scoping work and designing solutions to the implementation of those solutions.
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members to maintain organized delivery of solutions and provide the installation team with support through solutions expertise.
- Prepare and provide BOMs to project managers and Department Director in a timely manner.
- Provide on-site support and technical expertise at client meetings.
- Five years of diverse experience and broad knowledge of electronic security, low voltage cabling, CCTV, IP video, access control, security and alarm systems; understanding of safety requirements under OSHA and NFPA standards.
- Must be proficient in reading and interpreting floor plans, technical drawings and specifications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build relationships with customers as well as to collaborate effectively with team members responsible for installing customer solutions.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.