Sioux City, IA
The Technology Specialist operates under the general direction of the Technology Director and is responsible for providing technical software support for the organization by utilizing best practices. The scope of software support includes Microsoft Operating Systems, email, apps, third party software used to support business functions, and various internal corporate supported business applications (e.g. MS Office, Vista, ConEst, Crystal Reports, Custom Software).
The Technology Specialist understands organizational needs, configures tools appropriately, and ensures the applications are up to date and secure. The specialist must be able to work with a variety of team members with all levels of experience with technology to be the first line response for troubleshooting, while also guiding these groups in service management best practices. The Technology Specialist should exhibit curiosity and an affinity for new technology and will work to continually improve process tools and reporting, as well as to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in our industries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide day-to-day technical support for systems and software on-site and remotely. This includes all third-party software as well as any custom-built, in-house software.
- Provide subject matter expertise for various software and reporting tools used by the organization; develop and write reports; assist with troubleshooting and system capabilities; communicate available reports and resources to end-users across the organization.
- Research, review, test, recommend and deploy new technology solutions for our departments and their unique needs and functions.
- Maintain and update technology resource inventory, including lifecycle planning and management; responsible for managing field technology tools (heavy use of iPads).
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve department operations, processes, efficiency, and service for end users.
- Coordinate end-user training with Learning and Development Manager for new users as well as existing users on systems/program updates and enhancements.
- Proficiency in a technology-related field, such as desktop and mobile technology, is usually obtained through a course of study resulting in a bachelor’s or an associate’s degree and zero to two years of experience.
- Exhibit excellent communication, presentation and customer service/support skills with end-users at all levels of proficiency (beginners to frequent users) and at all levels of the organization from the executive leadership team to field employees.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work closely with team members on projects, problem-solving and day-to-day operations
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, desktop deployment technologies, and software components of PC-based computers, iPads and smartphones
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
- Some experience with software development and coding or the ability and desire to learn.
- Operate independently and with self-motivation with the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities while still meeting the deadline
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with the ability to travel among office locations.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements represent minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high-tech, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.